ADI Cafe by Central Driver Training
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Government view and cpd

3 posters

Go down

Government view and cpd Empty Government view and cpd

Post by Admin Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:41 am

The current government is moving towards de-regulation, according to Charles Morton speaking on 28th March 2011. There is no apetite for CPD to become compulsory, as the Tory's believe that it puts too much pressure and financial strain on a small buisness. However the DSA are still encouraging voluntary CPD, which can only be a good thing. However, the reason CPD was put forward to become compulsory, was because it is proven to save lives, if the trainer is better qualified. There are some trainers who have never taken a qualification, or updated their knowledge since they qualified, maybe 30/40 years ago.

I plan to post some more information over the next couple of days, but, would like some feedback on the above first.

Thanks
Admin

Admin
Admin

https://adi-cafe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Government view and cpd Empty Re: Government view and cpd

Post by jimbob122 Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:11 am

dont the check tests keep an eye on our progress and keep us on the right road, I know if I had to see all my ex pupils every 2 yrs for them to continue to keep their licence they would keep their standards up. But we are encouraged to churn out pupils barely able to drive in a straight line in as few lessons as possible by their parents and the govt. One instructor told me quite proudly she had someone pass with only 18 lessons , well done if thats what she is in it for, me i want my pupils to tell me they wont get in some peoples cars because they dont drive as good as them, and I want mine to drive safe forever not just till some examiner says you havent done anything wrong so |I cant fail you . but the govt continues to let basically anyone teach anyone how to drive, hence the poor standard of drivers on our roads, and yes I know thats how some of you started, by helping someone to drive then thinking you had the skill to continue and you probably have. and on cpd I never thought it would come in, it took long enough to get some of the older adi's to take a theory test!!!

jimbob122

http://www.jsuttonadi.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:38 pm

Hi Jim, I think we are left with those kind of thoughts from the present system. However I think an amount of change is due, in one form or another, and for me if that means CPD (something many ADIs do naturally) then so be it. I certainly want self improvement for many reasons, including the future safety of my pupils that pass their test.

The Boss
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:53 am

I have found such a mixed response to the governments stance on this. When questioned, Trevor Wedge shied away from CPD and coaching, suggesting the ADI may continue as they are, if they wish to self-improve then they are supportive of that. I think many lose sight of their role as an instructor, particularly if they have hefty franchise fees to pay. The move towards an electronic DSA, which is surely going to cover all government departments, will make the recording of CPD easier. Wanting to gain extra qualifications is, however, another matter. The check test system I personally believe is flawed. It monitors teaching for a day. The tightening up of that system and the mix up of the SE hierachy has meant ADIs are often seeing a sub-grading, or a grade lower than previously. The introduction of voluntary CPD on find your nearest means that ADIs can show their committment to a safer futre for all. The flaw being pupils do not know of the site, it is difficult to navigate, and the advertising for it that is planned, is soft advertising.

Admin

Admin
Admin

https://adi-cafe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down