ADI Cafe by Central Driver Training
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh Bugger!

3 posters

Go down

Oh Bugger! Empty Oh Bugger!

Post by StephenL Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:42 am

In January I was a witness to a collision, quite a serious one but thankfully no one was injured at the scene. The guy who caused it had no insurance. Evil or Very Mad

Now I've been called as a witness as he's pleaded not guilty on a previous hearing. Guess what? What? scratch

I have a test the same day. So I either have to ask her to move her test (10 week wait, not going to happen) or ask another ADI to take her. I have asked the Witness Service if I need to be there and they've said that if I've been called then I must be there. They are going to ask the CPS if the hearing can be moved but it's doubtful.

Why does life have to be so annoying?
StephenL
StephenL

http://www.drivingzone.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Oh Bugger! Empty Re: Oh Bugger!

Post by StephenL Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:45 am

Just to update:

the muppet did it again in Oxford, for which he has been banned from driving and therefore the case has been dropped as there is nothing more the CPS can do (I'd go for extending his ban myself) futher than they've done already.

Not so annoying for me but very much so for him.
StephenL
StephenL

http://www.drivingzone.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by 'orrible Oracle Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:02 am

Far from there being nothing more the CPS can do, the case can and should go ahead UNLESS.
a. They consider they have insufficent evidence to secure a succesful prosecution

b.
They consider it niot in the public interest

c.
He hasd asked for this incident to be taken into account when being sentenced for the other incident. (For me, this is the most likely reason for them not to be proceeding with the incident you witnessed).

regards, kev.

'orrible Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:19 am

Thanks Kev your input as always succinct and very helpful.

The Boss
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum