ADI Cafe by Central Driver Training
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this old news?

Go down

Is this old news? Empty Is this old news?

Post by Lily-Anne Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:39 am

I read today in the MSA magazine that we have not yet written into law the changes to driving licence regulations. This is hardly new information, the disposal of the counterpart in the UK was an EU decision, not one as a result of the red tape challenge as claimed by our government. In 2004 and again in 2006 I attended a meeting where the DVLA were present and announced that there would be one common licence across 27 member states.
The fact that we have not yet complied isn't a surprise. We ran trials for a chip and pin licence, which was a success, and plans were to implement this into the UK by 17th January 2013, I still have the notes!
We are just so slow at everything. There are still licences out there without a photocard, and only now are letters going out (in our paperless society), to encourage updating, yet according to the EU, we cannot drive in Europe without a photocard licence.

LA
Lily-Anne
Lily-Anne

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum