ADI Cafe by Central Driver Training
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fifty-one Hours ..

4 posters

Go down

Fifty-one Hours .. Empty Fifty-one Hours ..

Post by Admin Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:44 am

.. of formal trainign prior to test?

Are you going to increase your learner hours? Or hope that the pupils are not typical of those involved in the case studies?

Admin

Admin
Admin

https://adi-cafe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Fifty-one Hours .. Empty Re: Fifty-one Hours ..

Post by The Boss Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:31 pm

Yep - increase in lessons is the answer, unless pupils realise they have to develop a stronger commitment to learning if they are to reduce the number of hours required.

The Boss
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by sandybank Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:29 pm

I would never put a figure on how many hours it will take. When they are ready, they are ready. Every one is different and what takes 1 pupil 30 hrs to learn, may take another 60. I shall continue to teach the way I do, and include the new approach of ID.I shall not be stipulating that they should be up to test standard because they have had X no of hours

sandybank

sandybank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:21 pm

Hi Sand,y I think for me its the general appreciation by pupils and parents that we have moved away from the 5 hours of 30 years ago and the 20 hours of 10 years ago that seemed to be the expectations of the new pupil. This is of course a generalisation and we all see our stars coming in well below, and the slower ones taking even longer than the 51 hours suggested as an average.

The boss
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by StephenL Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:37 am

I tell them you're ready when you're ready and not before. Take your test when you're not ready and you'll likely fail, do you want to pass? Once they accept the idea of passing over failing most, not all, are happy to take as long as it takes.

There is of course those who want it now, I remember one lad who had the impression that when you booked your test it was perhaps the next day or at most a week later. Bit of a shock when he had to wait two months (a while ago, now it's even longer).

I think a longer period of learning will benefit nearly all learners but the impatient ones will still rush through no matter what.
StephenL
StephenL

http://www.drivingzone.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:23 am

I saw a quote of 115 hours, put forward as the proposed number of recommended hours by the DSA, however visiting the DSA website they are still quoting a total of 67?

Anyone know any different?

Admin

Admin
Admin

https://adi-cafe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum